- Pregnant and would like information about breastfeeding?
- Trouble getting your baby to latch or maintain a latch?
- Pain with feeding? nipples and/or breast?
- Questions about Tongue-tie? or have you done lip and posterior tongue tie releases with no improvement (or worsening issues?)?
- Does the baby cry/pull at your breast?
- Blocked ducts and/or mastitis?
- Are you supplementing and would like to reduce the volume and become exclusively breastfeeding?
- Finding that your baby is unsettled in between feeds? Can't put them down? Worried that your baby is not gaining enough weight?
- A colicky baby? Fussiness in the evening?
- Having multiples?
- Had breast surgery or breast cancer and have concerns about breastfeeding?
- Cleft lip and/or palate and would like your baby to nurse?
- Adopting a baby and would like to breastfeed?
- Questions about adding solids to your baby's diet?
- guilt? worried about being judged? You will be supported gently and we want to help you get to your own breastfeeding goals.
The Victoria Park Breastfeeding Clinic is available to help.
The visits are one to one support with a International Board Certified Lactation Consultant and a Pediatrician (see below), fully covered by OHIP (no cost to the family).The building houses a LifeLab, Xray and Ultrasound clinic, and Compounding Pharmacy. Our clinic is a quick elevator ride up from free underground parking. We are open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Families can be seen quickly.
We are located at 1448 Lawrence ave East. Suite 214
Appointments can be made by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling our office at 647-344-5990 monday to friday, 9 am to 5 pm
A quick referral letter from your doctor or midwife can be brought to the appointment or faxed to our office at 647-343-6002. The letter is required but not needed to make the initial appointment.
Our Pediatrician: Dr. Muroog Al-Dabbagh, IBCLC, is a team member at North York General and runs her own Pediatric Clinic. She is extensively involved in the breastfeeding clinic at NYG and committed to continued education and research in the field.
Our LC: Shelly Plewes, BA, IBCLC with over 20,000 hours of clinical experience, a writer and doula, has been an associate LC at the Victoria Park Breastfeeding Clinic since we opened in 2009. Together with Dr. Al-Dabbagh, they fiercely study many aspects of breastfeeding and lactation and have run numerous studies. They partner up with University of Toronto for teaching Breastfeeding to medical students and residents as well as Midwifery students from Ryerson and Laurentian. Also, Shelly has had the honor since 2015 of teaching "Breastfeeding Challenges" course at Ryerson University in their amazing Midwifery Program. She had previously trained and worked as a staff LC (and taught) at the Newman Breastfeeding Clinic and Institute for six years. She is passionate about gently supporting new families at such a intimate time in one's life: having a baby.