- Pregnant and would like information about breastfeeding?
- Trouble getting your baby to latch or maintain a latch?
- Supplementing and would like to exclusively nurse?
- Feel like you are stuck on a cycle of pumping and bottle/finger feeding?
- Pain with feeding? nipples and/or breast?
- Would you like to nurse without a nipple shield?
- Questions about Tongue-tie? or have you done lip and posterior tongue tie releases with no improvement (or worsening issues?)?
- Does the baby cry/pull at your breast?
- Blocked ducts and/or mastitis?
- Are you supplementing and would like to reduce the volume and become exclusively breastfeeding?
- Finding that your baby is unsettled in between feeds? Can't put them down? Worried that your baby is not gaining enough weight?
- A colicky baby? Fussiness in the evening?
- Having multiples?
- Had breast surgery or breast cancer and have concerns about breastfeeding?
- Cleft lip and/or palate and would like your baby to nurse?
- Adopting a baby and would like to breastfeed?
- Questions about adding solids to your baby's diet?
- Our goal is to meet each individual family where they are at and support their feeding goals.
- You are not alone
- We strive to help you get to your own breastfeeding goals.
WHAT WE OFFER:The visits are one to one support with a International Board Certified Lactation Consultant and a Pediatrician (see staff bios below), fully covered by OHIP (no cost to the family provided both Mother and baby have OHIP).
We are located at 1448 Lawrence ave East. Suite 214
Appointments can be made by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org(please read the autoreply for next step directions) or by calling our office at 647-344-5990 monday to friday, 9 am to 5 pm
A quick referral letter from your doctor or midwife can be brought to the appointment or faxed to our office at 647-343-6002. The letter is required but you can book the initial appointment while arranging the referral letter.
Our Pediatrician: Dr. Muroog Al-Dabbagh, IBCLC, is a team member at North York General and runs her own Pediatric Clinic. She has been previously involved in the breastfeeding clinics at NYGH, Humber River Hospital and Newman Breastfeeding Clinic. She is committed to education and research in the field as well as continuing to offer OHIP covered breastfeeding support to our community..
Our LC: Shelly Plewes, BA, IBCLC with over 39,000 hours of clinical experience, a writer and doula, has been striving to support families at the Victoria Park Breastfeeding Clinic since we opened in 2009. Together with Dr. Al-Dabbagh, they study many aspects of breastfeeding and lactation and have run numerous studies. The clinic partners up with University of Toronto for observing medical students and residents as well as Midwifery students from Ryerson and Laurentian. Also, teaching a small "Lactation Challenges" program at Ryerson University in their amazing Midwifery Program. She had previously trained and worked as a staff LC at the Newman Breastfeeding Clinic and Institute for six years. She is passionate about gently supporting new families at such a intimate time in one's life: having a baby.